Clerk Register Office
SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE
CASS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Please take notice that the Cass County Board of Commissioners will meet in Special Session on Tuesday, August 24, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will take place in Commissioner Chambers of the County Building, 120 N. Broadway, Cassopolis MI 49031. The purpose of the meeting is to rescind the local emergency order, to support medical autonomy and to oppose mask mandates by the health department or any other entity.
While public use of the County Building and the Law and Courts Building is restricted, both the Circuit Court File Room and the Clerk/Register of Deeds Offices remain partially staffed. We are offering all services at this time. Be sure to call (269) 445-4464 to set up an appointment to apply for your Concealed Pistol License, apply for a Marriage License, process your Business Registration, . The Clerk/Register’s Office also offers the following online services:
- To order certified copies of Vital Records: www.vitalchek.com
- To e-record: www.simplifile.com
- To search recorded documents: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/web/login.jsp?submit=I+Acknowledge
- To apply for a new marriage license online: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/eagleweb/enterDoc.jsp?docType=Web_MarriageApplication&Create=Apply+for+Marriage+Application
- To RENEW your concealed pistol license: https://cplrenewal.msp.state.mi.us/CPLOnline/#!/
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 445-4464.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope you all stay well!
The County Clerk Register is an elected official with a four-year term as provided by the Michigan Constitution.
The duties of the Clerk Register are prescribed by law and include:
- Clerk of the Board of Commissioners
- Clerk of the Cass County Building Authority
- Clerk of the Cass County Transportation Authority
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Clerk of the County Election Commission
- Clerk of the Jury Board
- Clerk of the Plat Board
- Registrar of Vital Records
The County Clerk Register issues:
- Assumed business names and partnership certificates
- Birth and death certificates
- Concealed gun permits
- Genealogy records
- Marriage licenses
- Notary commissions
- Veteran discharge records
- Voter registration records
The County Clerk Register as Chief Election Officer for the County supervises elections, receives and files petitions, serves as a member of the County Election Commission and Clerk of the Board of Canvassers. When Federal and State Elections are held, the County tabulates returns on election night and posts results on the Cass County website.
The County Clerk Register is the keeper of the Circuit Court Records, and maintains the Circuit Court/Family Court Files.