Clerk Register Office
- To order certified copies of Vital Records: www.vitalchek.com
- To e-record: www.simplifile.com
- To search recorded documents: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/web/login.jsp?submit=I+Acknowledge
- To apply for a new marriage license online: https://index.casscountymi.org/recorder/eagleweb/enterDoc.jsp?docType=Web_MarriageApplication&Create=Apply+for+Marriage+Application
- To RENEW your concealed pistol license: https://cplrenewal.msp.state.mi.us/CPLOnline/#!/
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 445-4464.
The County Clerk Register is an elected official with a four-year term as provided by the Michigan Constitution.
The duties of the Clerk Register are prescribed by law and include:
- Clerk of the Board of Commissioners
- Clerk of the Cass County Building Authority
- Clerk of the Cass County Transportation Authority
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Clerk of the County Election Commission
- Clerk of the Jury Board
- Clerk of the Plat Board
- Registrar of Vital Records
The County Clerk Register issues:
- Assumed business names and partnership certificates
- Birth and death certificates
- Concealed gun permits
- Genealogy records
- Marriage licenses
- Notary commissions
- Veteran discharge records
- Voter registration records
The County Clerk Register as Chief Election Officer for the County supervises elections, receives and files petitions, serves as a member of the County Election Commission and Clerk of the Board of Canvassers. When Federal and State Elections are held, the County tabulates returns on election night and posts results on the Cass County website.
The County Clerk Register is the keeper of the Circuit Court Records, and maintains the Circuit Court/Family Court Files.