The intent of the Emergency Repair Loan Program is to upgrade and improve houses of low to medium income residents to meet minimum Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and provide safe, affordable housing for residents of the County who meet income and eligibility requirements through zero (0) percent interest deferred loans.
Facilitated by: Cass County and City of Dowagiac
0% interest deferred loans are available in the amount of up to $8,000 per home. Deferred loans exceeding $2,499 will result in a lien on the home. Re-payment of the funds shall be due and payable to the County in full in one lump sum when the property is refinanced, sold, transferred, or ownership is otherwise conveyed, voluntarily or involuntarily
You may qualify if:
- Own and reside in a single-family home in Cass County.
- Are up to date on property tax and home insurance payments.
- Have conventional mortgages or paid off home and can produce a deed.
- Total gross household income less than 80% of the Area Median Income
- Able to present proof of household income for each member over 18 years of age.
Household Income Requirements: