Submit an Anonymous News Tip
Sheriff Behnke encourages everyone to report information about any illegal activity, such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, the sale and distribution of drugs or information about crimes that are being planned in the community or schools. Submit Tip Now...
Cass County Office of Sheriff offers video visitation, allowing friends, family, and professionals the flexibility to schedule visits at a place and location convenient for them. Visits conducted on our lobby kiosks are always free, however, we also provide the option to visit from anywhere on a compatible computer or mobile device. Information and registration are available at the link below.
Click here for Video Visitation Website
Each Inmate is allowed two 30-minute visits per day. Misconduct by either party may result in the visit being forfeited, and/or possible loss of future visitation privileges. All social visits are subject to recording and monitoring.
- Inmates & visitors will be dressed in an acceptable manner. Clothing must not be revealing or offensive.
- Displays of nudity, partial nudity, sexually suggestive acts, drug use, threatening language, gang symbols or anything similar is expressly prohibited.
- Absolutely NO PICTURES OR VIDEO may be taken during the visit. Anyone violating this rule will be banned from visiting.
- Visits must be scheduled at least 12 hours prior to the appointment.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be listed as an additional visitor and accompanied and supervised by an authorized adult visitor.
- Visitors who arrive late may not be allowed to visit.
- Inmates are allowed one (1) free video visit per week using the kiosks in the Sheriff’s Office lobby.
- A maximum of four visitors are allowed per visit.
- Offsite visits are not free. Click the link above for current rates.
- To visit from home, visitors must download The Visitor™ application. Headphones are recommended for offsite visits to avoid audio feedback
- Visitors should connect a few minutes early to complete testing.
- No refund will be issued for missed terminated visits.
- It is the visitors responsibility to ensure their internet connection is of sufficient speed & stability. Offsite visits affected by internet connectivity issues will not be refunded.
- You will not be allowed to visit under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- Visits shall not be attended by any person who is simultaneously operating a motor vehicle. This is a violation of Michigan law
- Staff may deny, change, or cancel a visit at their discretion.
Professional & Privileged Visits
Approved professionals (e.g.: attorneys, government agencies, probation/parole, clergy, etc) are invited to schedule in-person visits at the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.
All approved professionals must be prepared to present their state-issued driver’s license or ID, as well as proof of status (Valid State Bar card, Ministerial credentials, Government employee ID, etc) at each in-person visit. Sheriff’s Office staff may cancel or postpone any visits deemed contrary to facility safety & security.
Professionals may also be eligible for privileged video visits on the inmate kiosk system. Interested parties must signify their privileged status when creating their visitation account at the above link. Please allow up to 2-weeks for completion of the vetting process.